Studies have time and again shown that not eating meat, or at least reducing your consumption of meat, have added benefits for your health that include a lower risk of cancer and a longer life span.
An article in Collective Evolution written by Arjun Walia suggests nine things that happen when you stop eating meat. These include:
1. You’ll Help Protect The Environment
2. You’ll Greatly Reduce Your Chances Of Getting Type 2 Diabetes
3. You Will Get The Right Type, And The Right Amount Of Protein
4. You’ll Be Living A More Compassionate Lifestyle
5. You’ll Reduce Inflammation In Your Body
6. You Will Lower Your Blood Cholesterol
7. You’ll Give Your Gut A Makeover
8. You’ll Live Longer
9. You’ll Change How Your Genes Work
Walia’s article explains how avoiding meat consumption influences each of the above nine items and is worth a read whether you eat meat or not. If you want to help protect our environment, live a healthier lifestyle, ensure that we will still have fish in the ocean thirty years from now, or all of the above, consider a meat free or reduced meat diet.