The more we find out about the adverse effect that eating animals can have on our bodies, the worse it gets. According to the American Dietetic Association vegetarians:
- Were at lower risk of death from ischemic heart disease.
- Had a lower incidence of hypertension.
- Were 20 to 30% less likely to develop type 2 Diabetes.
- Were at a lower risk of developing dementia than animal eaters.
A comprehensive ten-year study conducted by the National Institute of Health and the AARP found:
- Those who ate red meat had a 31% higher death rate than those who didn’t.
- Those who ate red meat had a 20% higher rate of colon cancer.
- In men red meat eaters had as much as a 40% higher rate of prostate cancer.
- And that eating red meat has been tied to higher rates of lung, breast, pancreatic, stomach and bladder cancers.